This is like a Community Service Announcement, but for parents.
Actually just for parents with kids in creche or kinder that abide by the SunSmart rules.
There are a few things you need to do pronto:
1) Dig through all the drawers and bags and find the hats from last summer.
2) Try each hat on the head of your little people and turf all those that no longer fit.
3) Be totally amazed at how your child's head could grow so much since April.
4) Wash all the hats that fit. If you are inclined - give them an iron.
5) Get out your sharpie and hand write names inside the hat - in big big letters. Big enough for your kiddo to recognise their name. I have often found our hats (named with iron on labels) in the lost property box.
6) Put the hat you don't like much in the creche bag. NOW. You are now prepared for all the days that you will forget the hat.
Because believe me, they never want to wear the 'My Mum forgot my hat spare', that manky left over hat that was left behind by another Mum who kept forgetting to pack a hat, and it is no fun to have your children crying at you and chanting the no hat chant:
'hat's all Folks.