Pages

Wednesday, September 10, 2014

Surround yourself with Inspiring people




I recently attended a big conference for people interested in online blogging pursuits and as with all conferences there were a few keynote speakers to inspire, encourage and teach people how to achieve their personal goals, or at least to think about what their goals might be.

One of the messages that I seemed to take away from the three days I attended was pretty simple.

Surround yourself with inspiring people. Be amongst people who are positive thinkers. Enjoy time with the 'I can' rather than the 'I can't' types.

Matthew Michalewicz used the words "Always accumulate knowledge" and suggested you spend time finding the people who can teach you more, show you more, inspire you more.

Being around people who believe in good things and want to see you succeed is a vital part in your long term success whatever your personal or business goals might be.

But just how do you find these people?

I don't know the answer to that bit. I don't know if you just turn up at the library and sit at a table and find them there or maybe you start talking to strangers on the train or in the line at the supermarket? Perhaps they are waiting in their cars at school pick up?

So other than just reducing the number of negative types you hang out with I don't know where these tribes form and go about handing out good words and sharing all their knowledge.

But. I do meet many people that inspire me, who I think do good things, who change career paths or open a business knowing that they could lose everything, but give it a go anyway. Chance takers, doers, and change makers. Smart types, brave types, inspiring to me types.

So in the next few weeks I am going to start sharing some of their stories in the hope that anyone else who is looking to surround themselves with positive people might get something from it.

I hope you enjoy the stories.

11 comments:

  1. I'm really looking forward to their stories! What an awesome idea!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Can't wait! I love to meet inspiring people and to learn new things!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Excellent! Looking forward to reading. x

    ReplyDelete
  4. I like talking to people one on one, the supermarket queue is a good place to start x

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a great idea. I love reading and listening to other people's stories. It's one of the reasons I have so many podcasts waiting to be heard on the commute home. Looking forward to reading them.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great idea Claire, better than staring oddly at the person next to me at the library :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love this idea, I'm looking forward to reading the series.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Perfect. Love it!
    You really are a superstar! x

    ReplyDelete

Commenting brings amazing luck, you must try it and see how you go!