Pages

Thursday, April 26, 2012

What are you writing?

Are you even writing?
Are you getting those pens out and putting them on the paper. Scribbling down your news, notes and letters to a friend or family member?
I know some of you are, you have kindly linked back to the Handwriting Challenge post – thank you all for doing so.
And for those that need a little help to get started, how about getting a head start on Mothers Day?
It could be your own mother, grandmother or mother in law. It could be to a friend who is experiencing their first mother’s day, including one that might be having mother’s day without her baby. Angel babies have Mums too. Or maybe it is a friend who has lost their own mother this year.
Whatever way you look at it, there is someone in your life that needs a card or a letter for Mother’s Day.
And popping up on facebook this week I saw this from Cat at Beloverly. Handmade Cards, with embroidery.
Very glam indeed.




But remember you don't have to be fancy, get the stamp pad or paints out and get your kids hand prints onto a piece of paper and turn it into a card.
Send a relevant or funny photo with a message that says I am thinking of you.
Whatever you do, get writing.

17 comments:

  1. I 'sent' my first today. Well, I popped it in the mailbox of a lovely friend to say thank you for all she has done for me.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well done Becky, you know I think Thank you letters randomly sent to people are possibly the very best kind.

      Delete
  2. Such a gorgeous idea Claire. And there is nothing like getting mail just because. I can already think of a few friends and relatives who could do with a handwritten note. thanks for the motivation :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love, love, love this idea Claire. I penned four little notes last night but forgot to post them today, so tomorrow it'll have to be!

    I love handwriting and snail mail and notes...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Kate, Four down, only two to go, you are on fire. Hope Postman Pat arrives at your mail box soon too.

      Delete
  4. Thank you Claire...you have given me my ideas for a wonderful set of cards to go... Cheers Denyse X

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's great Denyse. I hope you enjoy this more than you are expecting to.

      Delete
  5. Love this Claire! Will be sending some cards for Mothers Day - does that count?

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love this idea Claire. I should get my butt into gear really. I have some gorgeous writing cards here. x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes! Gorgeous cards are not for the drawer, they are to get out and share their loveliness.

      Delete
  7. I've been a lazy cow & not written any yet BUT I want to and I will. I've got some letter paper and a trillion cards all itching to go to people with a (hopefully) thoughtfully penned note. I love that you're doing this Claire xxx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Yes I'm writing. I've written 2 and just blogged about it. Great Challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh honey, it's just hit me, i don't have any grandmothers or great grandmothers left & my mummy has Alzheimer's so she doesn't know how i am anymore, plus i lost my mother-in-law 13 years ago, gosh, suddenly i realise it's just me!! I do wish my children had more than just me, they have some awesome aunties & girl cousins, it's just that grandmothers are so special. To add to my hole in my heart this mother's day, my husband is still at war, so we might skip it, hold onto the end of May instead, when he's finally home, almost 9 months, then we'll celebrate. Love Posie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I might need to send you a card then! A mum of four with a hubby still at war does not get left out on mothers day.

      Delete
  10. The only thing I hand write lately is my shopping list!
    Love those cards from Cat, just gorgeous.

    ReplyDelete

Commenting brings amazing luck, you must try it and see how you go!