Pages

Friday, August 26, 2011

Roller coaster days

Image from Weheartit
Today, I started to get ready for work and ended up with a ladder in my brand new stockings. I decided it was the start to a crappy day.

Then I remembered I had a new work jacket to wear and so today was going to be a good day.

Mr H was in charge of weetbix duties, I should have known he can not be relied upon to remain at his station until the task is complete so of course he left, Immy sent her cereal flying and as I cleaned her up, she grabbed my new jacket with her gorgeous little filthy hands.

Popps confirmed that she couldn't see heaps of breakfast on me so the jacket was still ok.

Yep, it is going to be a crappy day.

I headed off just in time to get the train and be on time for a meeting.

Mr H had the car yesterday and of course returned home with the petrol light on, I would now not make the train in time.

Crap day continues.

When I paid for my petrol I decided I needed a cherry ripe to get through the morning and that's when the assistant told me it was buy one get one free cherry ripe day. Woo hoo.

Today was looking better.

I made it to work for the meeting.

Only to be reminded that the meeting is next week and I had no need to be in the office today.

I have now decided that two cherry ripes and sitting in the sun at home while I do some blogging, on top of the tremendous online support and kind words from yesterday's post 'If you see an Angel" makes today a very good day indeed.

On top of that, Friday is Aussie Farmers delivery day here so I don't even have to go to the shops for food.

Do you have days that roller coaster up and down? Do you manage to focus on the best bits to ensure your day is ok?




Photobucket

7 comments:

  1. I so relate to you days.
    Yes, my life is a rollercoaster, and focussing on and being grateful for the ups, always hopes me get through the downs. And the nausea and terror!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh gosh yes this year has been one big rollercoaster ride for me. But I appreciate and savour the good times so that I can focus on them during the hard times. Plus chocolate fixes everything ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh yes we have many rollercoaster days over here. I try to focus on the best and sometimes smallest moments, like a successful babycino, to remind me what it's all about. That and swearing very loudly into a pillow (so as not to frighten the children) when it all gets too much. Let's eat a cherry ripe together soon ok? :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh yes. I think every day is a roller coaster day at our house. All the more fun. (At least that's what I tell myself to get through each day)!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Aaah, the rollercoaster. That's my Every Day. Love the way you saw the day was going to be bad, but then something good happened.

    If I'm hormonal, that NEVER happens. But if I'm not, I'm looking for the silver lining. Always.

    Great post Clairey. xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. My VCE Drama teacher used to keep her filing cabinet stocked with new stockings- in case of a ladder incident. She bowed to the inevitable!

    Like most of your other readers I too have roller-coaster days- EVERY DAY.

    I'm not sure whether that's because I'm at home all day, everyday with a toddler; because I'm an idealist; because I'm a bit lonely; because I'm sensitive; because I've ventured into this online world; because I'm a Mum; because I'm a woman or maybe it's just because we're human.

    What I do know is that I can sometimes wallow when things are against me and your quote "Grow up. Accept it" is exactly what I needed to hear. Thanks.

    Hope you're having a fab weekend.

    ReplyDelete

Commenting brings amazing luck, you must try it and see how you go!